Please read through this page very carefully. Submissions that do not follow our formatting and content guidelines will be deleted.
What is The Midlife Advice Blog?
The Midlife Advice Blog shares stories of success and triumph over things like, unemployment, health issues, technology and even parenting. We have all been through one thing or another and by telling our stories, we can help each other out. After all, we are all in this together!
What do we feature?
- Personal stories about significant life adversity and triumphs
- Stories that provide actionable tips on parenting
- Advice on how to use (or not use) technology
- Stories and advice on how to tackle unemployment and work challenges
How to Tell Your Story?
- A story that is personal in nature and honest
- A story that provides real help
- A story that is engaging
- A story that is different to what is on The Midlife Advice Blog
- Write a story that fits with the categories on
The Midlife Advice Blog
- Make sure it is between 500 – 2000 words
- Choose a title
- Submit the story in the following format:
- The story MUST be in the body of the email
- The email subject line MUST be in the format: “Contribution: the title of the piece” (for example – “Contribution: What My Serous Illness Taught Me about Life”)
- Include your bio (130 words) with relevant social/web links at the bottom of the email.
- Include your email address linked to the gravatar profile (photo). Don’t have one? Create one here.
- Send your post to contribute [at] cayville [dot}ca
- We will respond to your article within 14 works days.